Wednesday, October 28, 2009

one word cheaply conversant: shoes

[ambient calcium]

chockablock
the pitter patter
ovaltine mummies on
parade,
divergent cataclysms
verdant reminiscence
the before you were
when you were
curdles and whey
whey way back
in the confines
of vigorous time,
vigorous celebration
Slartibartfast in his
sugary suit. Who would
leave such essence
by the doorstep, who
would jiggle
for that many afoot? Cancel
the subscription, you say,
easily
with your weaselly smile
tinderbox of ovoid
flesh
caroling in the nudest
of chewy cobblers.
We feign to wait, we
weight that which
passes the tests
of brown,
of green, of
nascent blue. I'll sing
for my supper, now
how about you?

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Dee Martin said...

well 42 is the answer and I know I'm not to panic but I couldn't find a towel anywhere in this. I love the way and whey, wait and weight, and the rattle of chockablock pitter patters. There was kind of a dark humor in this and that picture is downright odd.

10:20 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Ms Dee: Glad you know your Slartibartfasts. Was fun to stretch out a bit, and my, aren't those some oniony shoes? "Chewing cobblers" is a nod to one of my seventh graders, who prefers that as an alternative way of saying chupacabra. She's crafting a chewing cobbler story this very week.

10:43 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

So good to have you back and scribbling! I thought those were pomegranate ladies meself, but what do I know. Like Ms. Dee I enjoyed your homonyms and your tests of brown, green, and nascent blue. I'm not sure about singing for supper; how about singing for a piece of pumpkin pie?

11:13 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

T: I would have preferred pomegranate ladies (I live with one), but I'm stickin' with onions for those "bottom halves." A good piece of pumpkin pie is plenty supper for me. It was good to stretch the scribbling muscles.

5:33 AM  
Blogger Dee Martin said...

I saw them as onions but on second glance, Pomegranates would have been cooler! Love chewing cobbler. It would have changed the tone to something a bit more menacing if it had actually been chupacabra. As to Slartybartfast - I am a bit of a geek you know :)

6:05 AM  
Blogger murat11 said...

A bit, Ms Dee? You are most exquisitely geekish, my dear.

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home