Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Results just in

Can't leave MS Bones out in the cold. Results of my Dante's Inferno test:

The Dante's Inferno Test has banished me to the Second Level of Hell!

Here is how I matched up against all the levels:

Purgatory Moderate
Level 1 - Limbo Low
Level 2 High
Level 3 Moderate
Level 4 Very Low
Level 5 Very Low
Level 6 - The City of Dis Very Low
Level 7 Moderate
Level 8- the Malebolge Moderate
Level 9 - Cocytus Low

"You have come to a place mute of all light, where the wind bellows as the sea does in a tempest. This is the realm where the lustful spend eternity. Here, sinners are blown around endlessly by the unforgiving winds of unquenchable desire as punishment for their transgressions. The infernal hurricane that never rests hurtles the spirits onward in its rapine, whirling them round, and smiting, it molests them. You have betrayed reason at the behest of your appetite for pleasure, and so here you are doomed to remain. Cleopatra and Helen of Troy are two that share in your fate."

Betrayed reason at the behest of your appetite.

"Fire in his eyes...smoke coming out of his nose..."
(Carroll Ballard's The Black Stallion)

You'll find it here.

"Intesi ch'a così fatto tormento / enno dannati i peccator carnali, / che la ragion sommettono al talento."

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

Interesting test, Paschal! You and Ms Bones might be more realistic about yourselves than I was. I only made it down to Purgatory. While I'm rather pleased with that, I think there is some room for error and pride in that score.

Hope!

8:38 AM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Well, Ms Lee, all indications from recent test results suggest that Ms Influx is copying off your test papers. If she keeps it up, she's probably headed for that damnable "malebolge," which is, I believe, Italian for "Barry Manilow."

Now, THAT is scary, boys and girls.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

Yeah, I noticed that. But...I want to point out to you that she is more violent than either of us so I'd be careful what I accused her of. (weg)

Peace, brother!

11:57 AM  
Blogger San said...

OK, come over and see how I scored, Pachal. And weep, my friend. Lamentations would be the order of the day.

4:45 PM  
Blogger jsd said...

Oh no, murat, I took the test before lee - she's copying all of her answers off of me...hmmm, maybe I need to take some notes from ALT on how to solve people copying off me problems :-)

5:32 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Will the real exiled Gandhi please stand up? Dude was Scorpio rising and shared his birthday with Sting and Groucho Marx. Purgatory was the best s/he could do?

As you can see, behester though I may be, I'm wondering if there are any ski packages at the Malebolge. Lustful 16 year old? How original is that?

7:23 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

JS got there 2nd. I'm just modest...like a good Gandhi.

:-)

Joy!

8:09 PM  
Blogger San said...

Paschal--

"Lustful 16 year old. How original is that?"

Doth thou seek to cast aspersions on my meek Virgoan character? Behold thine own mirror. Behold the writing on thine wall--in orange crayon, clearly writ, it says "PASCHAL rhymes with RASCAL."

9:19 AM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Ms. San: I am mistook. "How original is that?" was directed at meself, meaning this: how original is a lustful 16 year old? The phrases/words "Lustful" and "16 year old" constitute, I believe, a tautology. I was trying to be nice (by calling out "my" lack of originality) to those copycat Gandhis. No harm was meant your way.

2:19 PM  
Blogger San said...

Paschal, methinks I can now disengage the dagger before my eyes. TO BE, that is my answer. I be. You be. He, she it be. All God's chillun be. Let it be. Peace.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

"copycat Gandhis"? Oh...I like it! Maybe JS and I should get T-shirts that say that. (g)

Peace!

4:28 PM  
Blogger jsd said...

hmmm, me doth thinketh someone has stopped having fun with silly online quizeths.

9:22 PM  
Blogger San said...

Who started all of this Elizabethan talking in lispeths?

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home