Saturday, November 17, 2007

Added


In the Blinks section: Amy Rigby's Diary. AR is Wreckless Eric's current partner in crime, living the post-50 used to be a rock "star" (to borrow from the Unnecessary Quotes matron) vagabond life in France. I was about to say that I have no clue how I stumbled upon these good people, but I do: Wreckless wrote the song that "soundtracks" (sorry again, "UQ" Matron) Maggie Gyllenhaal climbing onto Will Ferrell's nerdy lap in "Stranger Than Fiction." After a few different grabs at the man's music, I'm still not a fan, but I like his wayward mind. As for Amy, I like the mind and the music. Count me as an anonymous friend of both.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger San said...

I saw "Stranger Than Fiction." Necessary quotes those were. I don't remember, however, the soundtrack for that particular scene. Liked the movie though. Why couldn't I have been "Stranger Than Fiction" in the movie quiz?

4:40 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

San: I'm with you on the STF option for the movie quiz; throw in French Lieutenant's Woman, Mediterraneo, Cinema Paradiso, McCabe and Mrs Miller, The Black Stallion, Fanny and Alexander, the non=Shirley Temple version of A Little Princess, and I think you've got some movie options I'd be happy to be. (Let's not forget Chinatown either.)

Maggie and Will are in Magggie's living room, he is singing the one and only song he knows, happens to be Wreck's biggest hit "Whole Wide World," as she climbs about the auditor's lap, Wreck's version comes through loud and clear. It's a great scene, a great movie.

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home