Sunday, November 18, 2007

Wonder if Nancy Sinatra had some...


Ms Rigby, from her 5/02 Alaskan "tour":

...I strapped on snowshoes and did some walking, learned about breakup in every slush-filled parking lot and even caught a glimpse of Mt. McKinley over 200 miles away...

[I saw a sign in Soldotna advertising "Adult Breakup Boots $12.99" and decided that was one type of footwear I could really use in my life. The next morning I woke up and wrote this song:]

Breakup Boots (A. Rigby)

I'm wading in and I don't like it
But it's that time of year again
Yes it's April coming round
When it all starts melting down
And there's nothing I can do to stop it happening

Most of the time I'm well-protected
I move along from day to day
But the winter was so raw
I'm a victim of the thaw
And I'm gonna have to get myself through this some way

So I'm putting on my breakup boots, I'm putting on my breakup boots

Where is the sympathy I need right now?
I look around, I don't get none
I guess everybody deals
With the way that losing feels
When it's over and it almost hurts to see the sun

So I'll go out, I'll act like this is good
I know the seasons gotta change
And I'll hold my head up high
Cause it's way too wet to cry
Hey I'll be alright but I might look a little strange

Cause I'm putting on my breakup boots, I'm putting on my breakup boots

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger San said...

Those boots, they're made for breaking up. Breaking up is hard to do.

1:54 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

San: I can't see Neil Sedaka in them boots. Then again...

6:23 PM  
Blogger San said...

Too bad somebody didn't kick Neil in the head with them boots for writing that song.

7:33 AM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Apparently, it took TWO men to "write" that "song": N. Sedaka and H. Greenfield. Gonna need two pair a them stompin' boots.

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home