Friday, May 06, 2011

poem: dairy queen on skinny

vigilante hamburguesas, now
that the moon mystery's been solved,

young striplings down the alleyways

vagabond desires, handmade

visions, big bertha rockets all

in a row, glance beyond the certainties

gather the surfing starts

ease past the belief

that abundance died in the precious

sapphires of your drowning heart,

flight past the infant dreams

the major motion picture you call your

life dustballing the finest wines,

arrogant scenery my lord god

blisters with her last cries,

april-smothered, the kissing stranger

rides once again in the split-second

glimmer of the heron's eye,

sample the tastes of the

fishy book, fishy menthol-riddled

flounder mamas

the numbers endless as the moony night

Miz Rain looks tired,

the semblance lingers

we ache for the down time, we

chase the thinnest of filigree dreams

augustinian falconian fais-do-do

I'll be your cajun

theologian, you be my

ragin' scepter-wielding

dairy queen on skinny blades

saw-busting snapdragons

of the last brigade

the tiniest of tiny tinny

rills, cascading down the ripple

bends, after the knowing kiss,

this maple grove accentuates

the p's and q's,

tuck your napkin, baby,

lips be the taste of real,

the sound of tawdry,

the blast of the annotated

bible of

the rampant heart -




Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Dee Martin said...

vagabond desires and handmade visions - that is getting tucked away for later. I love looking beyond the certainties and I can picture watching for the right wave to catch! The menthol flounder, I think I'll skip - doesn't sound to tasty. Aching for down time is definitely on the menu though. A cajun theologian is an interesting concept and I love the lead in to ragin'. and the whole cascade down to the last lines. This one is a keeper :)
Loved the videos too - new performers to me but I will be watching for them now. I thought that was a solid Cinnamon Girl. It's good to see Ole' Neil's tradition carried on.

6:50 AM  
Blogger Teresa said...

A cajun theologian of the bible of the rampant heart... that would be our erstwhile poet, I presume.

Interesting poem. I skips and rushes among the minnows of a summer stream, all the while licking a dilly bar from DQ. I liked it.

11:13 AM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Dee: Had to be a solid CG; anything less would be heresy. You know the chica: she was one of the Bangles. Apparently (I just found out), she and Sweet have released two CDs titled Under the Covers: covers of a slew of 60s classics. This one rocks. You Were On My Mind started a bit off for my taste, but finished strong.

2:44 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Sister T: It were a skippy, minnowy thang, weren't it? That summer stream sounds delicious.

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home