Wednesday, June 30, 2010

poem: her worry down

forlorn vaudevillian seeks
rumble pay, shasting off

the decks of newsense

& non: the segue that

counts is ever

the visual spleen. she

were never worried,

never she,

evering her worry

down the stream,

a calibrated tossy

filled with endbrime,

situated just east of

mercy, the mercy chance

down the lobline.

if it actuates,

be blessed, she said,

& we all followed

the maudlin dance,

fiddled our ways

to Sarah's hideaway

in the marshes

in the figment doom

in the stones

beneath the altar.

bended knee

is the possum's

quest; you

forgive, she

bemoans, we

all

shall wail.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

I like this one. It is all folksy and down-South, a poor Northern girl like me just doesn't quite know what to do with it. It makes me smile. Off to more philosophy in verse...

2:53 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Teresa: I was feeling all faux-Gaelic till the possum, but lingust/languist that you are, you will know that it's closer than an emotional skip across the pond between the Gaels and the SunBelters.

3:15 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

It was the vaudevillian and the marshes that gave it away. Tha mun git thee to the fens, laddie. (Which I actually think is Yorkshire, instead of Gael, but what do I know?)

4:27 PM  
Blogger anno said...

Makes me smile, too. Would so much like to see that calibrated tossy/ filled with endbrime,/ situated just east of /mercy.

7:50 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Anno: I think I had the old Mercy Hospital in New Orleans in mind; among other things, of course.

She do be one calibrated tossy, though; endbrime and all.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Dee Martin said...

I like the newsense, endbrine, and lobline and evering worry down a stream and east of mercy - oh I just like it all. In Pensecola and so very glad to be out of the car!I will start evering tomorrow...

7:13 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Dee: I can't remember: is Pensacola the final destination? Love that area, all the way east to Grayton Beach. Rest up, girl, and have loads of fun.

2:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home