Friday, December 12, 2008

Gotta Love Sir Charles

BDL (Ball Don't Lie): Do you ever get tired of talking about basketball?

Barkley: I'd rather talk about more important things.

BDL: Like politics.

Barkley: I love [politics]. Like, I'm really disturbed about the gay marriage thing. Because I think gay people should get married, cause it's their own business. I was disturbed at the amount of black people who voted for that [amendment that would limit their rights]. Because as a black man, I think you've got to be against any form of discrimination. I do. I'm against any form of discrimination, and I think especially as a black person, who has seen a lot of racial [stuff] in my day, for us to jump on the bandwagon in some form of discrimination, it bothers me.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger anno said...

Amazing -- did he really say that? I keep hearing that he's thinking about politics... sounds like someone to watch.

7:50 PM  
Blogger Miss Alister said...

I do love Sir Charles, for three, and only three, silly reasons: he and Kenny crack me up during the halftime reports, he was an amazzzing bball player, and I luvs me my bball :-D

8:51 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

anno: He did, indeed. In the same interview, he was talking about how proud he was of Obama, how he would have dropped everything to help out in any way he could.

Years ago, Sir Charles endeared himself to me when talking about how he could never bitch about other younger players making more than he, because even 2 million a year was "a LOT of money." I loved his perspective, in contrast to, say, Latrell Sprewell turning down a 10 million dollar offer, because "I need to feed my family."

Sir Charles is a wild one, for sure; if he runs, Alabama politics will never be the same.

11:15 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Ms A, your wide-rangingness never ceases to amaze. It's been years since I watched them, but the banter doesn't get much better than Kenny (with his, what, two rings) and Sir Charles with his none. I guess I should not be surprised, what with bad boy M.Cuban on your blogroll.

11:18 PM  
Blogger rebecca said...

makes sense....yeah, i didn't get that either....

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home