Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Librarian gams

Comes Ms Anno a-taggin', with bibliotecan gams a-flashin'. "Reading is sexy," quoth the bibliophile. (News to 80% of my urchins.)

The challenge is easy (I still owe Ms San a longer one; longer for me, anyway):
Nearest book (not, she sez, coolest, just nearest, cool or not), fifth sentence on the 46th page, then the next two to five sentences.

From Douglas Adams' The Restaurant at the End of the Universe:

He ducked back in.

"Marvin," he said, "just get this elevator to go up, will you? We've got to get to Zarniwoop."


"Why?" asked Marvin, dolefully.


"I don't know," said Zaphod, "but, when I find him, he'd better have a very good reason for wanting me to see him."

Y'all jump on in. Nobody be grabbin' Finnegans Wake.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger anno said...

ooh, good book! I knew you'd have something interesting lurking nearby. The graphic suits you, too.

9:52 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

anno: I'd prefer stockings a little more in line with those of Ursula and Gudrun in Women in Love, but these aren't bad. Twas fun. Ciao.

10:01 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I'm loving this meme... I definitely had to join, just to get the cool button!

I love Douglas Adams - not as much as I did in my 20s, but still...

10:22 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Welcome, Jen: As you can tell from my profile, I'm still in my 20s. Actually, I'm prowling for something outside the box for my middle school urchins to read.

5:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOVE the pic! It goes straight to my next post...on that very subject. Thanks!

11:22 AM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Welcome back, dpl. Have fun with the pic. Grab a book while you're at it...

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home