Thursday, November 27, 2008

ASTROLOGY FOR YOUR ICEBOX: PUT IT ON HOLD


I wrote these years ago, much more goofy poetry than astrological insight. Forgive me, Devil Mood.

ARIES (March 21 – April 19)

R eckless

A bandon

M isses your essence.

TAURUS (April 20 – May 20)

B last through walls, perhaps, but

U nder your bluff is a

L over. Ask she who

L urks deep within your meadow.

GEMINI (May 21 – June 21)

T erribly lost in

W himsy. Yesterday was when

I ntellect ran out.

N ow is the time to hearten, to

S ift through the grounds at your feet.

CANCER (June 22 – July 22)

C arry the

R est of your

A nswers to someone else’s

B osom.

LEO (July 23 – August 22)

L ust is only an

I mplication. You

O wn the realm of

N ight.

VIRGO (August 23 – September 22)

V erdant, your hills are

I cequick to

R ue all sentiment.

G o to the

I sland of a black mare.

N ow is your time.

LIBRA (September 23 – October 23)

S ober you are not.

C lowns are
A ncient in your
L ineage. She who
E ases pain
S teps on water.

SCORPIO (October 24 – November 21)

S nakes fare better when
C oiled at midnight.
Or: you may inherit a
R est home. Whatever, your
P lea is heard: at least lower
I nterest rates.

O therwise,

N ix the Honda.

SAGITTARIUS (November 22 – December 21)

A nyone can

R ip apart the logic of a

C hild. Your misfortune is to

H ave the desire to.

E ven the Almighty must

R est, you know.

CAPRICORN (December 22 – January 19)

G o gently

O ver the mountain that

A waits your

T rust.

AQUARIUS (January 20 – February 18)

W hy, in the final

A nalysis, is it upon you

T o ask into our dark night?

E vening has a lighter

R eturn: she knows how the way

B ends. Are we not all

E qual to the task? Do not

A nswer, not just yet.

R est with the river,

E mpty your outer bowls,

R un with glee to the ocean.

PISCES (February 19 – March 20)

F inally,

I f you must

S ave

H umanity, do it tomorrow.

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger anno said...

Like all things done in a spirit of fun, this is more on target than you might expect. Wish I'd read this a few years ago... before we bought the Honda.

6:59 AM  
Blogger murat11 said...

anno: What self-respecting Scorp hasn't had a Honda? Such is the fate of all icebox astrologers.

My son and Ms Devil Mood are both Sagittarians. I thought I was uncommonly rough on them, especially considering the fact that I specifically wanted a Sag child.

Pisces, of course, the sign of Ms Alister, was on the money, no?

7:47 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

Very much fun, Paschal! Astrology caught my interest in college and lost it in my 30's. Your compassion for some appealed to me, but I didn't really know enough about others to make a connection. I'm Aquarius. Sister is Pisces. Mom's Libra/Scorpio, right on the cusp. Dad's Sagittarius.

Did that calendar with 3 cyclical phase lines ever catch your attention? Bio something or other where you could predict your success on a day by the cycles coming together? Can't even find the name on Google today. But I thought it had interesting possibilities.

Peace!
Lee

1:04 PM  
Blogger Miss Alister said...

You clever Scorpion creature you! I smiled my way down to the lovely, watery end, to what I would naturally do, excelling at procrastination as I do :-)

8:40 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Lee: There's a seed of astrological truth in most of the poems; some betray my own prejudices at the time, others just pure nonsense (though even there, seeded truths, one hopes).

I have much for love and appreciation for Sag, so I'm not sure where that comes from: Walden is a Sag.

My rising sign is Aquarius, a sign which is classically seen as an admixture of very humanitarian, idealistic, utopian, but also with an aloof elitism thrown in. It's an air sign, so very intellectual, too.

Are you thinking of biorhythms? I never really investigated it during its heyday.

9:34 AM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Lady Alister (milady's address all the more apt after yesterday's trip to the Renaissance Festival outside Houston: I think you were an aficionado of the North Texas fest; I am newly converted, what a fine time): One hopes you would procrastinate on the call. I've read that Pisces is the Messianic sign: you've got enough on your plate as it is, don't you think? Blogtime would assuredly suffer, with cross-bearing thrown in.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Devil Mood said...

hahaha I really enjoyed how it ended! And I don't know if you were too harsh on the Sadge, I thought it was quite spot on. It figures that Aquarius should have the more letters and verses, will they ever shut those gobs? ;)

This could actually be a fun way to learn and study astrology - to synthetize knowledge (very Virgo, wouldn't you say?) as well as training the writing abilities!

5:03 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

DM: I'm glad you approved. I felt badly about Sag, as you and my son are my two favorite Sagittarians, and Sag may be my favorite sign (that's big stuff, coming from the second most narcissistic sign behind Ares).

Loved your comment on the Waterbearers, especially as I am a Rising one, and I know exactly what you mean. I think I lived much of my early life as my Aquarian mask; learning about astrology helped me sink deeper into the Scorpio within.

Good to hear from you, amiga.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

Yeah, that was the name! Thanks, Paschal! Forgot to tell you how much I loved the image you chose for this post. I love pre-raphaelite art!

Peace!
Lee

8:17 AM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Lee: The Pre-Raphs look like they were from another mythic world. Quite beautiful.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Miss Alister said...

You went to TRF? You dog! No, I never went to that one, can you believe, even though I heard it was the be-all, end-all of ren faires. I had an aversion to long road trips stuffed into a teensy weekend sandwiched between two kill-joy corporate weeks. And what with the cross-bearing hanging over my head, it was just too much, you know? Scarborough Faire was all I could do, so it’s good that you tasted TRF for me :-)

8:37 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Milady: I am totally converted. It was beautiful, magical. I will be a regular from now on.

8:47 PM  
Blogger San said...

VERY well done. Lyrical, witty, and wise. Terribly lost in whimsy, let's empty our outer bowls, run with glee to the ocean, and swim to the island of the black mare. There the sirens are singing 96 Tears. Sorry. I really do like this, Paschal. A lot.

8:55 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

San: I done good by you Virgos, it seems. Purposely had to avoid Scorpionic nepotism, but I'll be damned why the roughness on my beloved Sagitarrians.

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home