Friday, October 22, 2010

Your Passion Play

[I saw "pork 'n bean promises." I took it from there. Ms. Stein in the house. Anything else probably ain't worth asking.]

"Had enough of your pork 'n bean promises. I visualize Andy and his hoard of plenty. I never figured you for decimation."

"I forge my way. The simplicities always seem to shipwreck the fallacies. I'm more a pigs in blanket man."

"More film school nonsense. I ride the covers, between ptera- and -dactyl."

"Iambic pentameter's more my style. I buried Berrigan and Notley, both in their shabby cardigans. Pretense and the loveliest of shams. I'm partial to corned beef filibuster, when I ain't livin' off the shells."

"I tend to cruise the beaches when that happens. My noli me tangere glistens under the soldered moons. I hesitate to mention - "

"Then don't. Do yourself the favor. Five clenched his teeth; trucking his bosom friends, tarrying by the water's edge. Hell of an edge it was."

"More simplification, sadhu. You might want to run off left tackle. Holes there Pavarotti could spin through."

"Nessun dorma."

"I never filch. I'm on Downcrust Avenue."

"Savor that."

"All my puddles in Osiris green."

"Veggie man, back from the heydays? He tip off JC on the back from the dead gig? Some kind of Martian flashdance?"

"You weighed your heart yet?"

"No point. Weighs a ton. Ammit would have my ass."

"Always wondered whose feather."

"One mightier than the other? I think not."

"Best to titrate it anyway."

"It?"

"Truth."

"Truth. Sheeit. Feed that to the crocs, Ray."

"It's a tender spot. Fanta feeds the soul. We regale it. I ain't seen hide nor hair of that action in a long time."

"Thrill me."

"May I present - "

"Bardo fools. Nothing more."

"You sure about the caress?"

"It simplifies things. Amplifies the sugar fields."

"The blackening night, cher. The blackening night."

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Dee Martin said...

"The simplicities always seem to shipwreck the fallacies" Well I didn't WANT to pick a favorite line but that one just stopped me and I had to go back and start reading again - I am not a huge fan of Ms. Stein - tried but maybe I should have a second and third look. I was mesmerized by this conversational piece. Phrases leapt out and I connected with it which I can't seem to do with GS's writing and maybe that's my problem with her.
I haven't had time, energy or brain cells left to write all week and this broke a stream loose. Wore out google with this one and had such great fun I may have to start a Paschal word list - feed that to the crocs, Ray...can't touch this :)

7:56 AM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Good morning, Dee. I got back from last night's football game with a need to write sentences. I was hoping for something bordering on sense, too, but that was, apparently, asking too much of the body.

I am no great fan of Stein's words, though I am eternally grateful for her experiments and how they liberate us all from having to make sense. I think I did finally find some excerpts from Tender Buttons last year that my freshmen gobbled right on up, delighting in all the absurdity.

9:53 AM  
Blogger Teresa said...

This is amazing!! I loved so many parts of it, and they're all pork & beans promises. You are just all over the place that I can't really pinpoint any one thing. Each line of dialog contains a gem! Your heart will surely measure up to the feather... At least your ba or ka will.

12:45 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Teresa: I'm so glad that you and Dee jumped on board with this. And I'm happy that you've measured the heart. Blessings to you.

1:46 PM  
Blogger anno said...

No one knows how to throw a great party quite like you ... good times for everybody, even Trudy (whom I like just about as much as a Bartok invention; that is to say, not much). Loved every line, but this one -- I'm partial to corned beef filibuster -- made me laugh out loud. Sure am enjoying these weekend speakeasies...

8:05 AM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Only the finest under the counter hooch for you, Anno.

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home