Thursday, May 13, 2010

poem

[civil strife]

worldwide pest control
how does your garden

washtubbed apple dumplings
all they little darlin's
smashmouth gumbo
carousing the plush
limber-strata
rimbaud in abyssinia
exiled by desire
for left
and over
child bride
hyena bride
slavish bride
he to her and backwards
this triumphant morn
the worldwide pests pest on
a vigorous melange
of carefree doom
they matter not as
we matter more
perhaps even most.
the hannahs of the world
press on, we shrivel,
the party answers
with their jumbo paper
clips, & the princes
with their henrys
& their bones
ask the creeper
one more time
just who be
the creepiest -
me or thee?

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

Well, I dare not say I'm the creepiest, lest I get eaten by a hyena groom or wiped out by worldwide pest control.

Isn't Abyssinia a wonderful word?? I think our country should change its name to abyssinia...

8:16 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

T: I'm for the change - change the flag, while we're at it, for sure - but I don't think Rimbaud would have exiled himself to this Abyssinia.

You sho ain't the creepiest.

12:18 AM  
Blogger Teresa said...

At various times, I think my children felt that for a brief, small second as I firmly said, "No."

12:04 PM  
Blogger Dee Martin said...

haha - Rimbaud is creepy thinks I but you two are pretty funny! Does Hannah get her prayers answered? Are we the pests? Abyssina is too hard to spell, could we still be USA? (United States of Abyssinia)

9:47 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Dee: Rimbaud certainly had his creepy and skanky sides, but there's still something there that calls, and for me, it's mostly that silence in Africa.

9:53 PM  
Blogger Dee Martin said...

doom or dune - spicy melange, dessert in the African desert

12:08 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Sista D: Yikes, you is on a rollllllll.

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home