Friday, January 01, 2010

one word memphis: stack

[Wrote this while listening to Joni's "I Had a King," so there's some intersecting.]

the backs of hands

have known much bliss

carrying beyond the ripe

fields

the grains of sand

the vision that

fit the hearts of manor

beings, human offerings

aftertime

time down the alleyways

time down the falls

of all who gain

the mast

the time we met

was left to find

moons new

suns due to the others

we came down the valleys

chiming for green

gracing the kings and queens

of our desire

caroling

was in the air

seconding on the narrow highways



Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

A glorious concert and poetry reading to accompany my dark chocolate bon bon for dessert!! Thanks for adding music to this one.

9:23 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Teresa: As much I love Hejira and Court and Spark, I am notoriously ignorant about her earlier music: truthfully, I did not much care for her voice then. I found this song quite beautiful, and have started my way back to the older material, with new ears.

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home