Friday, August 28, 2009

one word pedagogy: teacher

james charleston the Seventh
broke his nether
lens while
scraping the rest
of his anatomy class
off the wall:
he optioned
his last itty bit
of granular
wisdom
for chocolate
from julia's
secret stash,
the dark
choco-stash,
ambiguities nestling
all down
the lines of her
ubiquity. balloons
have the crash
course capacity
for cryogenics.
we wish for many
things in our
vigorous youths,
but it ain't
nothing compared
to the wishes
that
be comin'.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Teresa said...

oh my, my, my what is the teacher doing in this class?? or is it the students acting up while the teacher has his nose in a book?

7:49 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Teresa: I think he's looking through his "nether lens": a term stolen from a middle school urchin who thought he was spelling Netherlands. I loved it: it deserved a full scale larceny...

10:08 PM  
Blogger Dee Martin said...

LOVE the purloined nether lens (well worth a bit of larceny)and love the line about scraping the anatomy class from the walls! I would give more than an itty bit of wisdom for some of Julia's chocolate :)
ambiguity playing off ubiquity - that has a rocking rhythm..

10:55 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

It certainly deserved to be taken and pasted on the web for posteriors, er, posterity!

11:03 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Dee: Two thefts, actually: James Charleston the Seventh, too. Social Studies colleague hands me a stack of mostly impoverished bits of typewritten prose about the Jamestown Settlement and, sure enough, one teacher's trash is another one's treasure: the oddbody confections, the bizarre formatting on the page. "What an awesome prose poem," I said.

Sometimes putting a gradebook in my hands can be a dangerous thing...

6:53 AM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Teresa: I hope I didn't make too much of an ass out of meself. :-D

I knew you'd understand...

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home