Saturday, October 01, 2011

poem: rest your names

simple rays
Mary's tears cry

whispers

these foolish fools

calibans

tribal waifs in the blue

margins, calling:

answer the rest,

your names

are drowning

the violent dreams

parting ways,

cast of busybees

heralding

the nothings

sequestered in

your natural wells

blue holes

singing the silent

gospels,

the wildflowers

of your rendered

face, castaway

we forget the rinsing

parlor, the first

time, the very time,

the tingle in the alleyways,

seven times seven times

& the nights are falling,

the flying fish

of a thousand memories

fragrant

dropping through

rhyming space

I knew it then

I crave it now

I pray the wonders

never cease.


Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

I love the thread of blue that meanders through like a thread unraveling from Mary's veil at the top. I also really like the last few lines... amazing gems there, quite powerful.

How is life with you?

I think I finally have my thesis draft done to please my first exacting prof. Friday I present the main points at a conference on campus. Shouldn't be too bad; I have added quite a few movie clips of wonderful things like "flying" and music being played on a giant statue of Buddha carved into a cliff overlooking the Yellow River. I'll let the flute and lute do the talking...

12:19 AM  
Blogger Dee Martin said...

What a perfect musical choice for this poem. It has the same mellow velvet feel to is as her voice.
"cast of busybees heralding the nothings" while poetry while poetry is falling through the night. I like this one very much :)

5:47 AM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Sister T: Blue is the color, for sure.

All is well here, on all fronts, bizziness and downhome alike.

I like the video clips idea. Can't wait to take your classes when you get fully prof'd up. They'll be a cerebral hoot.

12:44 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Sister D: I thank you for the velvet compliment, girl. I was a lukewarm Norah fan in the early days; she's growing on me big time in these latter days. Stumbled into this one yesterday.

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home