Saturday, August 27, 2011

poem: roundly we can hear

for wsb

yellow-haired girl calls
his name twice,
flips it in the air
like angular salsa,
bewitching the silences
in his head,
this curiouser of elegant
mammals, a vigilante
panda-bear of cushy
intensity, the oval
of nights you will find,
the care with which they
will find you too, baby bear,
all your vigorous
plim plom plum
hiding - but not too
generously, not too roundly,
we can hear your trumpets
calling, twixt the din of escape,
the patter of avalanches
in cerebral netherclimes:
you can accentuate,
you can contemplate,
you can dive under the regress
of your caveman blunders,
your sensitive tide-bearing eves
of consequence; calibrated
youth bears down with a dance
that mirrors the very notions
you malinger, the body's weakening
hindrances, the heart's
castaway
filé gumbo, bop
till you drop,
teeny bopper in the whispering hazies,
capitulations in the kiss-on-your-listing,
epiphany in the south 40,
edification for your Tinkerbell salivations,
quicksilver messengers in the glimpse of your
offsetting
dressy casual
fit for the Elvis chapel glance.


Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

Hey Murat,

great opus tonight. Love the vigilante panda bears.

I'm just back from a month in Shanghai, where I could see your work in google reader but not get onto the blogs to comment. Mailed off my contract with HUP about the Liu Xiubo translation!! I will even get paid! 7th heaven.

School starts Monday, my last year of my MA.

Peace to you, bro.

12:07 AM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Sister T: A month! How wonderful for you. I knew you wuz travelin', but I didn't have timetables in my head. Great news on all fronts: travel, translation (moolah!), MA. Best to you . . .

4:17 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

I wrote the short-form story on my blog. It was exciting. Things are going well.

11:10 PM  
Blogger Dee Martin said...

this very Alice-in-Wonderlandy, flirty flim flam flum of a poem just makes me smile. How can you not love vigilante panda bears and cerebral netherclimes, fairy tale interweavings, all tied up with a Neil finale? Standing ovation here :)

8:47 PM  
Blogger Devil Mood said...

Paschal, just wanted to say hi and sorry I haven't been around much.
I'm listening to the song, that CD cover caught my attention because my parents have that CD. There's a band nowadays very much inspired in this genre, the Fleet Foxes.
And filé gumbo is in that song by the Carpenters ;)

5:47 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Devil Girl, you are NEVER far away, my musical guru - and look, you've given me yet another group to go chasing. Very best wishes to you!

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home