Monday, January 31, 2011

poem: Vishnu alleys

pillow road in
Noggle town,

investitures on the move,

dreamsicle highways:

the ventured gain ain't

nuthin' in this five &

dime world, domains

of tamale specials

crowning the murky achievements

in Buddhaland: I cashed in

all my chips, my mood was

fully vagrant,

cowsill'd beyond belief,

aching for inventory,

the higher selves out

on the town,

seraphim & cherubim all

in they polyester

chariots of fire

for the moogie present:

cash it in here, dear, sez

Principal Lee, the biggest

damn angel on the block,

gainsaying the bandbeaters,

elevating the discourse beyond

reptilian, & if you want

lipstick traces, i suggest

you check your noodly

pomposity at the door:

red overalls lit the night,

golden boar radiant

in his clamoring for

eternal crowding: say

your prayers, brother,

simulate grace

if you ain't got the fullness

bulging,

same as you I ain't no

cellophane doom, i crash

the parties, i veer left of

left, slipping down the Vishnu

alleys, on down

the polytheistic

polyester,

damned in the ethereal

lyric opera,

tangerine libretto

dream.


Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Dee Martin said...

I was all lost in the pillow roads and dreamsicle highways, thinking about The Cowsills music and wondering about those polyester chariots (and how do they hold up at the races - at least they are dry-cleanable)

Your discourse is always above reptilian and noodly pomposity made me giggle...it fits well. Now I'm wondering how one simulates grace...I'm going to finish this glass of wine and see if I can curl up and have a tangerine libretto dream :)
P.S. LOVE that version of Whatever Lola Wants :)

8:31 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Dee: I dig the idea of cowsill'd as a verb, but what exactly is it? Spooked into paisley Indian Creek oblivion? We'll leave that to the pompous noodlers.

Why simulate grace, sister? You izzit.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

Great picture. I loved noodly pomposity and tangerine librettos. This was a very fun poem from Buddhaland--(anything like Margaritaville?)

9:19 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Teresa: Jimmy Buffett recently fell off stage. Maybe he landed in Buddhaland.

5:25 AM  
Anonymous Richard said...

slipping down the Vishnu alleys - I swear, I been there.

Long time no visit. Deep in work, and deeper into a year long project of Jesus poems. I've been waiting for a video of Los Viejos but my friend doesn't know how to get it out of her computer. Jeez.

And, if JB is in Buddhaland he's still looking for that long lost jigger...

11:23 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Richard: Good morning, amigo. Good to hear from you. I suspect more than a few of us are still looking for the long lost jigger: JB's Holy Grailette.

Best wishes, and keep me posted on los viejitos.

5:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home