Saturday, January 22, 2011

poem: pious bennie to the rescue, part ii

Rosy Bennie, fresh
from his condom makeover,

teetotaling megawatts

to the minions, wants

his noncoital bubbas

to save their precoital

ewelings and lamblings

from the nightmare of

"invalid marriages":

industrial strength walkers,

I guess, for them

dawdling bedriddens,

wheelchair causality smiting

the oftly doomed. "Marriage is not

an absolute right," my sweet little bubbas, &

lest we moon ourselves into

bedlam oblivion,

let us remember that

"the right to a church wedding

requires that the bride

and groom intend

to celebrate." Foolish me,

in all my funereal nuptials,

Hamlet-black in dour

regalia, I thought it was all

for the little warm death.

Balloons? Popcorn balls?

Limbo'd kazoo contests?

Celebration enough for you

& your compassionate

latex'd

boys in the street?


Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

Oooh!! What a zinger! I totally agree, bro.

3:52 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Red or lemon zinger?

4:11 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

The puckery sweet-n-sour lemon kind to match ol' Bennie's sour looks.

5:34 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Amen.

6:22 PM  
Blogger Dee Martin said...

lol
except it really isn't so funny is it...
It is amazing that an organization whose supposed reason for existence since when? Constantine?...seems about as far from drawing a person to Christ as well, Yoda. Actually,scratch that. I think Yoda was more Christian in his actions.

9:34 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Dee: 10-4 on your Yoda musings. Papal Bennie weighing in on 90% of the stuff he weighs in on is like my weighing in on the Bose–Einstein condensate. Clueless. Yoda, on the other hand, could take out the BEC with his light saber on Sleep.

10:36 PM  
Blogger anno said...

Sharp bite here, on a subject well worth a nip or two. Small wonder the verb, to pontificate, carries such negative baggage. Well done, venn..

1:06 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Anno: Papal Bennie has probably come into more than his fair share of Scorpion stinger this past year. If he were just any old Jimmy Swaggart, I might leave him alone, but he sits in a bigger seat and goes on and on. This latest papal hemorrhage wasn't near as bad as his condom nonsense: it's just that when my eye caught "invalid marriages," I was thinking bedridden, rather than not valid.

If I were a journalist, I think I would want the Vatican as my beat; what great fun listening to all the papal bull, and having to file posts with a straight face.

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home