Thursday, April 08, 2010

classic . . .

If memory serves, I was sitting in a parking lot outside Shoal Creek Hospital in Austin about fourteen years ago when this beauty dropped through the airwaves. Deejay assumed way too much in thinking that I would know the song and the artist, such is the "professionalism" of Austin deejays on the lower end of the dial. It took several more years before the miracle of googling allowed me to drop the sliver of lyrics that stuck in my head into the surf and come back with a message in the bottle. Not the first time this gem has shown up here, but who needs an excuse for reprising a good tune?


Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Anil P said...

That's a long time to keep the tune in the head before you could google it.

But what an incredibly refreshing and lilting tune this is. I enjoyed listening to it, more so the evocative black and white picture of hands clasped behind the back on the dance floor.

Great tune to hear on quiet afternoons as well.

3:14 AM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Anil: It was a long time, and I'm not usually one who remembers lyrics. A tiny bit stuck, though - just enough for the "reunion." I liked the hands, too. Glad you enjoyed the song.

5:48 AM  
Blogger Teresa said...

I liked this one. Who knew there was "Carolina Beach Music?" But I guess Hilton Head is part of the Carolina Beach.

10:57 AM  
Blogger murat11 said...

T: Sure, there be Carolina Beach Music. They's even Texas Gulf Coast Music. See: Sam the Sham and the Pharoahs.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Devil Mood said...

It should be called sitting in the parking lot, then :)
How wonderful that you still remembered the words to search for the song, and when I put my headphones on to listen to it, I think I know why :)

12:44 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

DM: Cool little jam, ain't it?

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home