Saturday, April 05, 2008

26.2 miles

Stole a big one for all you marathon meme-ers out there. Remember to hydrate, y’all.

1. What is in the back seat of your car right now? A lavender umbrella. (I shall wear lavender when I grow old.)

2. When was the last time you threw up? On the second question? My, aren’t we pushy. It’s actually been a long time. But, New Orleans certainly saw its fair share. That food was rich, cher.

3. What’s your favorite curse word? The Irish do it best, and most pleasantly: fock. That’s, frankly, the only way to say it.

4. Name 3 people who made you smile today? I’m the only one up right now, but it will be the two beauties who’ll be up later and, probably, the Blue Dog.

5. What were you doing at 8 a.m. this morning? Sittin’ right here, a-bloggin’ away.

6. What were you doing 30 minutes ago? Uh, see #5. I never said I wasn’t addicted.

7. Where were you born? Santa Rosa hospital, San Antonio, Tejas.

8. Have you ever been to a strip club? No: I am a strip club.

9. What is the last thing you said aloud? “Come on back in, Blue.”

10. What is the best ice cream flavor? Chaka Khan (or Mochachochalattayaya).

11. What was the last thing you had to drink? Organic apple juice (I’m fastin’ this weekend).

12. What are you wearing right now? A nightshirt.

13. What was the last thing you ate? A bowl of granola and soymilk.

14. Have you bought any new clothes this week? No.

15. Where were you last? In bed.

16. What’s the last sporting event you watched? A spurt of the Kansas-Davidson regional final.

17. Who won? I’d say they both did.

18. Who is the last person you sent a comment/message while blogging? jsd at Influx Transposer.

19. Ever go camping? Si, comono.

20. Where do you live? Tres Leches, Bouvet Island, San Antonio, Tejas.

21. What song are you listening to? In my head, I’m hearing Roseanne Cash singing “It’s raining, raining in my soul…”

22. Do you tan? No, but I tan-go.

23. Do you drink your soda from a straw? Aber nein.

24. What did your last text message say? Ah, happy to say, tis against me religion.

25. Who’s your best friend? Mrs. Baby, of course: she is indubitably this man’s best friend.

26. What are you doing tomorrow? “North and south and east and west of your life…” Sorry, it brought out the Streisand in me.

27. Where is your mom right now? Jacksonmississippi.

28. Look to your right, what do you see? “The rain, the park and everything. I love the flower girl, O I don’t know just why, she merely caught my eye…”

29. What color is your watch? Ain’t gonna. Haven’t worn one for 10 years. And no, I don’t use a cell phone instead—don’t wear one of those either.

30. What do you think of when you think of where you live? Love and happiness, which must mean I think of Reverend Al.

31. Ever ridden on a roller coaster? Just my life, thank you.

32. What is your birthstone? Topaz. But it’s carnelian on me wedding ring. Contrary to poor Gary Lewis, mine still shines for me anymore.

33. Do you go in at a fast-food place or just hit the drive through? I walk in. I love to look at the art work.

34. What is your favorite number? 7

35. Do you have a dog? Blue: a hybrid: Blue Heeler (Australian Cattle Dog) and dervish.

36. Last person you talked to on the phone? Mrs. Baby.

37. Have you met anyone famous? No, but they’ve met me.

38. Any plans today? Finish this marathon. Mail a book to Santa Fe San. Hobnob with Mr. Baby and his buddy Mateo. Hit the biblioteca. Check my email about 80 million times. Watch some of Kidnapped when Netflix drops it at my door. No, no real plans.

39. How many states have you lived in? 8 (Texas, Missouri, Kentucky, Mississippi, Massachusetts, Louisiana, Idaho, Bliss.)

40. Ever go to college? Si. It’s what made me the blogger that I am today.

41. Where are you right now? Blogging in the wi-fi café at the Taj Mahal. What do you mean, where are you right now?

42. Biggest annoyance in your life right now? Question #41.

43. Are you struggling to forgive someone right now? No.

44. Are you allergic to anything? Shellfish, but then I am vegetarian, so it doesn’t really matter anyway. For anyone missing shellfish out there, let me recommend the newly discovered popcorn tofu at Greens Restaurant here in Tres Leches. Oh…my…gawd.

45. Favorite pair of shoes? A tie: The size 7M black leather ankle-boot (left foot) shoe Mrs. Baby was wearing when we met. I placed it on the altar of the dashboard of my old van. The green Elefanten shoes my son wore when he was two.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger San said...

Jeez, Paschal. This is the second time I've plowed through this today. We must be rubbing elbows with the same bloggers.

And of course I always have to come back on your memes, right here, right now.

1. Nada. A tidy car makes for....well, a tidy car. Liked your answer better.
2. Can't clearly remember when. But Bennie had to stop on Old Pecos Trail and let me open the car door and let fly. New Year's Eve what year??? Mercifully a long time ago.
3. Gosh darn it. Just kidding.
4. Bennie. You and your answer to 1. Dilbert.
5. Same old, same old.
6. Taking a shower.
7. Sand Mountain Infirmary, Albertville, Alabama.
8. Yes. I had a date with a barker who worked at Carol Doda's in North Beach, San Francisco. I met him at the workplace and took in a matinee. After the show, one of the performers walked over to my table and asked me really softly, as if she might be talking to a nut case, "Why are you here?"
9. "Good luck at the gallery today! Love you!"
10. Any rich chocolate. But I'll take Breyer's vanilla. I abhor ice cream with fake vanilla flavoring.
11. French roast of course.
12. Paint-spattered clothes. Waiting for a layer on canvas to dry.
13. A chocolate chip cookie. I'm not fasting this weekend.
14. No.
15. Other than home, at Diego's Cafe.
16. Can't remember. I don't watch that much. When was the Super Bowl?
17. Can't remember.
18. Duh. Is this a trick question?
19. Yes. But the last time I did this, I was so relieved to leave Rocky Mountain National Park and check into a hotel in Aspen and order a hot fudge sundae from room service. We all were. Long, showerless camping trip.
20. Eldorado, a "planned, rural community" about 10 miles out of Santa Fe, New Mexico.
21. I'm not. I like quiet when I paint.
22. Not intentionally, but yes, my skin does tan a bit. Unless that means: Am I a tanner by trade, in which case the answer is no.
23. I love straws!
24. I don't text message.
25. Bennie Joe.
26. Going to "April in Paris," a gala event at the Hilton in Albuquerque. Food offerings from great restaurants and a French cabaret. WOO HOO!
27. On Sutton Place Circle in the aforementioned small north Alabama city.
28. A pot with a big goat-hair-bristled brush sticking out of it. I need to get back to the painting. How long is this thing?
29. One of them is stainless steel. A DKNY beauty Bennie gave me for my 50th b'day. The other is dressier--a gold tone Fendi. Also from BJ.
30. My comfort zone.
31. Yes, but I don't enjoy them. The stomach dropping thing unnerves me. I'm more of a Tilt a Whirl girl.
32. Sapphire.
33. Love your answer. I won't add anything.
34. Ditto.
35. Trudy. An aging pound puppy, almost as old as me in canine years. Aussie shepherd and heeler. Part heAler too.
36. BJ.
37. A few Hollywood people, in the gallery. Once drove a couple of cast members from Hill Street Blues from an artist's studio in the Sunset district of San Francisco to our gallery on Union Street. Made a sale.
38. Finish 2 in-progress paintings. Finish laundry. Cook dinner. Glad to learn you haven't sent the book yet. In the past few days I have gotten the mail for 6 Camerada. God knows who's getting the mail for 6 Lucero. I'd thought they might be deeply submerged in the Yiddish policemen's union already.
39. 3. Alabama. California. New Mexico.
40. I've been to college. And I've been to town.
41. In Flan's bedroom/my studio.
42. This meme is wearing me out.
43. No. I never struggle to forgive. If I want to hold a grudge, I'll damn well do it.
44. Just sulfa drugs.
45. Love your answer. But this time I will add my own: a pair of black suede Via Spiga stilettos with pointy toes. Very seldom wear them anymore. They're not that much in style, but they are the most beautiful pair of shoes I ever owned and I will not part with them.

12:49 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Kudos to Ms San, for which you win one copy of TYPU: just got back from doing part of #38.

Your 40 and 43 were classic. ("And I've been to town." Can't take the Alabama out of the girl, can you?)

The blogger I stole this from took it way too seriously.

Now go hydrate yourself with a hot fudge sundae and y'all have a good time down in Albuquerque.

Peace/out.

2:13 PM  
Blogger lefobserver said...

HI FROM GREECE.
PLEASE,
CAN YOU ENTER IN MY BLOG IN ORDER TO TAKE THE FLAG OF BOUVE ISLAND AND IT IS WRITTEN IN MY MAP OF VISITORS?
THANK YOU.
lefobserver.blogspot.com

1:33 AM  
Blogger GreenishLady said...

I had a comment about your fondness for how we say "fock", but found myself blushing when I typed it, so deleted it, and will content myself with saying I enjoyed meeting you via Sunday Scribbling, so stayed around to read a bit more.

5:29 AM  
Blogger jsd said...

1. What is in the back seat of your car right now? Booster seat
2. When was the last time you threw up? In December with the flu.
3. What’s your favorite curse word? Son of a bitch.
4. Name 3 people who made you smile today? Wife, Son, Daughter.
5. What were you doing at 8 a.m. this morning? Loading the car with recycleables to take to church for recycling.
6. What were you doing 30 minutes ago? Applying for Tech Writer jobs in Vermont.
7. Where were you born? Mt. Clemens, MI.
8. Have you ever been to a strip club? Yes, men should not stipr ;-).
9. What is the last thing you said aloud? “This song did not record”
10. What is the best ice cream flavor? Butter Pecan.
11. What was the last thing you had to drink? Soda pop.
12. What are you wearing right now? Slinky t-shirt and jammie bottoms.
13. What was the last thing you ate? Birthday cake.
14. Have you bought any new clothes this week? No.
15. Where were you last? Living room.
16. What’s the last sporting event you watched? Phionex vs Mavricks b-ball.
17. Who won? I don’t know – didn’t finish watching.
18. Who is the last person you sent a comment/message while blogging? ALT of Bones of the Sky.
19. Ever go camping? Yeah.
20. Where do you live? San Antonio, Texas.
21. What song are you listening to? Breathe (the extended mix)
22. Do you tan? Naturally, but not in bed.
23. Do you drink your soda from a straw? The when from a restuarant.
24. What did your last text message say? On my way home.
25. Who’s your best friend? The wife.
26. What are you doing tomorrow? Grinding it out at work.
27. Where is your mom right now? Detroit, MI.
28. Look to your right, what do you see? The wall.
29. What color is your watch? Silver, it runs on solar power and still works after 10 years.
30. What do you think of when you think of where you live? Sun and heat.
31. Ever ridden on a roller coaster? Yep.
32. What is your birthstone? Diamonds, though I’m much softer.
33. Do you go in at a fast-food place or just hit the drive through? Depends.
34. What is your favorite number? 7
35. Do you have a dog? Yes, two.
36. Last person you talked to on the phone? Lee.
37. Have you met anyone famous? Aren’t we all.
38. Any plans today? Finish this then visit a couple more blogs.
39. How many states have you lived in? 5 (Texas, Michigan, New York, California, South Carolina [Panama, Korea].)
40. Ever go to college? Why, yes and it’s gotten me oh so far from myself only to find meself wanting to go to find myself again.
41. Where are you right now? In my bedroom in front of the computer.
42. Biggest annoyance in your life right now? Bishops who suck.
43. Are you struggling to forgive someone right now? Yes, bishops who suck.
44. Are you allergic to anything? Bishops who suck.
45. Favorite pair of shoes? My black SAS slip ons.

8:58 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

jsd: glad you hopped on board:

3. Son of a bitch is a good one.
10. Butter pecan indeed: yummy.
13. Birthday cake: yay! Happy Birthday!
22 & 32. Like these.
34. What is it about 7?
42-44. I hear there's an epidemic of them in these parts.

Peace be with you, jsd.

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home