Thursday, December 27, 2007

Meme's the Word

Prowling the blogosphere, a meme taken from Tiger Beat. Give it a spin. (Damn, those Cowsills were scary looking. I think they were Vulcans. Dig the ties, though.)

1. What is your favorite flower?
Definitely not brown rice flour. Oops. Passionflower.

2. What word in the English language do you wish you had invented?
Mossforth…wait a minute: I just did.

3. What do you miss about your childhood?
I’ll let you know when I leave it. I just got here. (Nutty Buddies, in all its possible meanings, and of course, Julie Wentworth.)

4. What is the main fault in your character?
The Balcones Fault that runs ‘tween the two hemispheres of me brain. Inability to give a straight answer? (It’s Tiger Beat, for godsakes!)

5. Describe how you kiss in one word.
Sasquatch.

6. What in the world do you least desire.
The Captain and Tennille’s Greatest Hits.

7. Finish this sentence. "Happiness is a thing called....."
An ellipse with more than three full stops. (Or a bus route, with less than three.)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger San said...

We have met the Cowsills and they is us. Our past.

I may try this meme next year, but I'll be hard-pressed to come up with such clever, ambiguous answers.

Oh well, The Captain and Tenille's Greatest Hits not being the object of your desire--that's to the point.

Kiss like Sasquatch? Balcones Fault in brain? Fondness for ellipses?... You think the Cowsills are scary?

8:52 AM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Surrealists seldom explain themselves: they can't. Okay, maybe they do, but that's called pyschoanalysis, and it's expensive, unless done by Lucy.

Sasquatch: think sound of word, not enitity, though that could still be scary. Let's just say I was being weird/cute, because there is no way in hell I could describe kissing in one word, much less anything in one word. Balcones Fault: to answer the question seriously would require more seriousness than I typically bring to memes. Ellipses: the "ellipse" at the end of the Happiness question had five full stops (I cut and pasted from the blog on which it appeared): it roused the snide editor in tacky me.

Never thought the Cowsills scary. That I liked them as a young teen probably was, but this picture, well, the whites of the eyes and teeth seem positively radioactive.

Probably way more than you wanted to know.

Sorry/happy for you and Bennie that the year ends in such a flurry of bidness. Happy for the income/joy of seeding new homes with your artworks; sorry for the Santa's Workshop labor it brings.

By the way, if you play the Susan Cowsill video (and you've no real reason to), you will be given options for alternative/somehow possibly related YouTube videos: one of the choices is a band called Oakley Hall. I found that odd for at least two or three reasons. Haven't googled them just yet.

Peace to all of you.

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home