Saturday, December 19, 2009

Santa Baby's Trick Bag

Well, my sisters and brothers, tis again the season of miracles: school's out, all the chocolates been et, and lord have mercy, the Model T computer is back from the car wash. All is well, and we've been romping in the YouTube playground. Was even able to make snow angels over at the Duchess Manor, with no ill effects. Seems only right we make up for lost time.

On my sounds hiatus, I stumbled to the fact that Mr. Sumthin is back: seems he's been to the car wash, too. Before the ailing pc lurched into paralysis, I'd gone looking for this fun-vid: nowhere to be found. Well, it's back, all you mellow smooths.




The new After Six Max. I'm not fully on board, but it's good to have him back.




Christmas ain't Christmas without Lady Ivory. (Yes, life ain't life either.) Another of those expatriated old vids - a luminous Soul Train performance of "Ooh La La La," long on hiatus, also returned, but the quality stanks. If you scare up a cleaner version, it's a holla, joyed me for many a day. In lieu of, let the girl be our bell.




Way back, junior year in jacksonmississippi high school, a cold cold trip back to Tejas, through Beaumont and a pair of legs, and this beauty.




As y'all know by now, my favorite Christmas carol. A sweet cover, and then the girl herself.






Girlfriend's birthday month, day after Mr. Baby's, crosstown jacksonmiss rival high school girl. (Girl ain't got no rivals, what am I talking about?) I had to stop myself at two: it was gonna just be "Harvest Moon," but then "Death Letter" fired right up. No, it ain't Christmas, but it's mighty frosty, snowman.





Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

Murat music is back!!! Yay! That first clip reminded me of some of the scenes from your Scarred Angels novel. Very cool.

11:27 AM  
Blogger anno said...

All the chocolate's been et!!!????!!!!? This sounds like a crisis of epic proportions down in Muratville, and here you just brush right on by and into a concert of sound to vie with all the lights of Austin's 37th street. Might have to take it all in after the holiday rush; hope you solve you chocolate crisis before then. Wishing you & your family all the best. Feliz Navidad!

11:35 AM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Teresa: Christmas is in the music, no? Happy to have the deejaying impulse back. I can see the Scarred Angels connection; more Mac's head than anything he saw in his own Tres Leches (well, save for Charlotte's apartment).

8:23 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Anno: Busted, girl: you know that chocolate comment was pure wishful thinking, lying through my teeth. Besides, this music is all darkest chocolate.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Dee Martin said...

Enjoyed this while floating in the doldrums. I had forgotten that BS and T song - enjoyed the reminder. Joni is well, Joni. Good for anytime of the year. I think I will be moving to planet Thelos for awhile. My imagination is dead. Taking my Joni cd, my knitting, and my copy of The Road and boarding the rocket. Hope it's not a long trip.

8:34 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Sister Dee: Exhaustion's all it is. Rest, walk, fire, Joni: it's all there inside, and if ain't, you sho nuff know the way to Barangrill...

9:05 PM  
Blogger Devil Mood said...

Well, guess what? I'm still here. Came to listen to the rest of the songs. Not exactly Christmas songs but christmas songs should be the ones we choose to play at Christmas. :)

11:21 AM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Welcome back to the listening booth, Ms Mood.

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home