Monday, February 16, 2009

Two poems


Over this past Valentine's Week, Ms Tina and I spun a series of poems back and forth through the cybermailwaves, exquisite mannequins, shall we say, since the preceding lines were always visible. We've been collaborating on what we call patina poems since our earliest daze: poetry is, clearly, an incendiary bidness. Here are two of the five.

[Sidereal Karaoke]

Slide within sinews of anticipation,
Slender, silent longing that
Stains and staggers
The wishing wells of
Dreamy wisdom, karaoke
Cashew bars
That steal
Tunes of night
And trident projections,
Yielding only to
Consequential value of
The upper berth,
Sidereal pleasures,
Oceanic bliss, waves
Resplendent,
Voluminous plenty
Riming through the daze
Of amphibious innocenti.


[Equinox Squander]

Elegantly wrapped, your vernal
Equinox savors down the way
Past the silence of moist taunts,
Carved in the knowledge you exhale
Carnal wisdom, fireflash, root cause
Past the dweller's threshold:
Supple is the moment,
The source of your breath,
Your incandescence,
Consuming me in sacred fire,
Relegating doubt to doubt's
Reliquary, witness
To whither the heart's wander,
Opalescent squander down
All the long blue Niles,
Resting in the dark comfort
Of your virile earth
Your kestrel paths
Your halcyon mirth.

[Props for the photo: www.flickr.com/photos/swimvixen2/212213999/]

Labels:

20 Comments:

Blogger Tammie Lee said...

I was immersed in each line of each poem, as though I were floating in warm water. Lost in the sounds, the tastes, the feelings. A sense of understanding here and there, still delicious without meaning.
Feeling that you two have a great connection....

5:07 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

You describe the best way to read these poems: immersed, lost, wash of meanings (associations, perhaps?), wash of no-meanings. Thank you for your eyes and ears (and elbows) on these poems.

5:14 PM  
Blogger anno said...

Mmmm... sounds like an excellent way to spend the week before Valentine's Day. Delicious is definitely the word.

7:52 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Anno: It was fun, and is always easier than I sometimes think it will be: just throwing out the opening lines is all that's needed...

Hope you're coming round and feeling back in the pink...

8:42 PM  
Blogger Ranting Raven said...

Hello Lee! I truly enjoyed your poems. How deep are were they! I am indeed enjoying following your blog! From the very first page, I was captured by the upbeat and colorful aura that you cast on to myself and others leaving us mesmerized and wanting to hear more! I've just recently started my own blog and invite you to visit. I am a published poet/writer and would love to hear your comments! Keep writing and I'll keep reading!Please visit http://torantortorave.blogspot.com and http://catchtheverse.blogspot.com

7:33 AM  
Blogger murat11 said...

RR: Not sure who Lee is (though I do go by many names, why not another, eh?), but thanks for visiting. I'll certainly check out your blogs.

10:13 AM  
Blogger present said...

This looks like fun paschal. PaTina- the duel version of exquisite corpse?
My mother and I co-paint together. One begins and then we pass the painting back and forth, working on our own part and a bit on each others. At the holiday dinner table, we pass drawings around in the same way.
I'm amazed at the coherence of group writing.

12:44 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Michael: Thank you for the supportive words.

4:02 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

present: Ball hog though I am, I enjoy collaborating: Tina and I have been writing together since the earliest of days. I occasionally grumble about certain lines, especially if we're just across the table (we did these via email), but invariably the poems rock. It's fun to skate in and around each other's characteristic styles. Your family's collaborative art work sounds great. We've done that some, too.

4:06 PM  
Blogger San said...

Such a way to observe Valentine's Day--squandering the blue Niles, the dreamy wisdom of kashew caraoke. The to-and-fro love notes--supple as one season becoming the next becoming the next.

Happy Retroactive Valentine's, Patina.

10:12 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

San: Nothing retroactive about those blue Niles, ya know? Good to hear from you.

10:22 PM  
Blogger jsd said...

belated valentine's love

8:18 AM  
Blogger murat11 said...

jsd: Love back at all of y'all...

8:46 AM  
Blogger Miss Alister said...

Very nice, you two! While Bud and Beam are arguing, let me just say that the pink is perfect. The pink, the way Ms T cuts your edge. The pink, the yin toggling with the yan, so sly at times, so apparent at others, but sooo very, very nice. The pink, the Equinox, particularly, pleasantly slaying me.

6:22 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

(Into a nearby phone booth, shedding KOB persona) (if possible): Ms A, thank you, thank you: I likes the pink, too - all other color tries were too garish, and of course, slaying is just what V-Day is for, no?

7:04 PM  
Blogger Miss Alister said...

No. I mean yes.

8:27 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Ms A: Comono.

5:33 AM  
Blogger Mari said...

Awesome poems!
I like your blog :)

5:43 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Hey, Marissa: Thanks for the words and thanks for dropping in on Muratville.

10:48 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Thank you, Jeeves.

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home