Sunday, July 27, 2008

The notion of a glorious kind...


That good/bad shoelace therapist’s got me feeling badly about my earlier take on Ms McKee's post-Goth Gothiness. I’ve spent a few hours over the past few daze digging deeper beyond the epiphanous apocalypse of “I Found Love.” There’s plenty more out there, and it’s still happening. Go see for yourself, if you’re interested.

Still, I thought it only fair to include the lyrics to that awesome celestial hound dog of a song. Chica is locked in good—real good. Of course, these lyrics are minus the sublime glossolalia of the performance. Peace to the sister.

I FOUND LOVE
Maria McKee

I was mindin’ my business like a good girl should
Maybe a little too careful for my own good
It was just like livin’ life in the dark
‘Til somethin’ jumped up and it grabbed my heart

Chorus:

I found love
I found real love

The beginning and end of every wish
Is balanced in the center of a vision like this
Maybe my emotions are inclined
To surrender to the notion of a glorious kind

Chorus

One touch, souls speak
The Power’s got me and it won’t let me be
It’s too much this heat
I wanna laugh cry jump for joy shout scream
Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

At the end of every tunnel there’s a shining light
In the heart of every storm there’s a quiet night
My joy was hidden in a dream
I didn’t know that it was there until you set me free

Chorus

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

Lovely lyrics, Paschal. Thanks for putting them here. So often I find it hard to translate the words out of the melody into sense. :)

Authorblog has a Weekend Wandering question I've been pondering, "What do you want most out of life?" Would Ms. McKee's lyrics be her answer? Wonder what you'd say. I'm trying to define one word - security...and decide what its made of and what it brings.

Peace!

6:25 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Your welcome, Lee. I loved the song and performance for its maniacal exuberance, but never really had a clue what most of the lyrics were: these words are wonderfully transcendent and seem to me to be about more than human love: I'm thinking divine.

Turns out MM also does a version of the knockout Wayfarin' Stranger that SAVAE did at Rec last night.

As to the WW question, the first answer that came to mind was Joy.

7:49 AM  
Blogger San said...

Great lyrics that tell just enough.

Thanks for posting them.

8:35 AM  
Blogger murat11 said...

San: You're right about the space she leaves around the lyrics.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Miss Alister said...

Lord, but you’ve been busy! It just doesn’t pay to be gone so long. But like Ms. Avatar says, “at the end of every tunnel there’s a shining light.” Might be the proverbial train or passage to another planet, but no matter. It all sounds like fun! Like Ms. McKee’s look here. It totally works: the jet black hair setting the ice blue eyes up for some seriously damaging-in-a-good-way effects.

3:34 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

The new look took some getting used to and in truth I still ain't there yet, but the music is winning me over all over again.

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home