Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Infinite 8

[Excerpts from the latest chapbook, Just About Midnight, commemorating our 8th anniversary. The chapbook is a collection of acrostic poems; the acrostic messages are all songs we played at our dance par-tay at the parish hall last Saturday.]

[longing: looking]

titular fashionista
hems the day’s
estuary longing,
looking past all
our contrivance,
our continuing education,
kissing the oblivous
overdue otherwise,
faring past
love’s lissome bloom.
o, for mercy’s
Velcro, her ventral
eternity, her ubiquitous plume.

[prime empyrean]

carry me,
lush me,
optimize me,
salivate me, in the biomass of prime
empyrean sky
titillate me, in the ergonomic
haberdashery of wisdom
elevate me,
daughter of roses,
opiate of the virile tongue—
osculate all the
restless nonillions of this boisterous one.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger jsd said...

beautifully done, though i must admit i was hoping to have a chance to "hear" the tea poem again.

12:56 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

I'll round up the tea poem and transcribe it in the coming week: good idea.

1:07 PM  
Blogger San said...

That must have been some par-tay! Congratulations on 8 years of "continuing education." And here's to a nonillion more. Cheers.

Boisterous one, osculate Tina for me.

5:20 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

San: Thanks for the good wishes. A fine par-tay it were.

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home