Tuesday, June 14, 2005

horses dark

pour the fat of sweet love
and pain will know you well
all the hours of nights and windows painted through
all the homes of your imagination
second sands the dunes of other seas.
night breaks open:
desire knows when
desire knows how
the heart’s moon a mask
missing the song of the harbor
seals that bathe the mind’s diagonal reef
angles of fugitive riddance, angels of the orange noun
invisible plants of somber elegance drown the room
i am shaken / withered / in equine bloom
my nouns shun the slopes of grassy intent
i am poverty’s rain in your midst
a revolution of blue flowers, aching tumult
trouble rounds the gerunds of errant ardor
and I am bloomed, all semblance colored by lucid dreams
a miracle of chase, an evolution of dark horses
through the crimes of citrine entanglement I am cut:
lapidary fate: crossed by a bat’s vision of sacrifice:
you wore this crystal morn
you shaped this ashen heart
you crowned this amber vision
at the precipice of love’s embrace
detonated folly most warm
down the wisdom of your azure gate

2 Comments:

Blogger Dee Martin said...

In your absence I wandered into some back rooms and found some sparklies. This jewel was definitely all THAT.

7:49 PM  
Blogger murat11 said...

Ms Girl: Many apologies for my silence: this past week has been moving, moving, and more moving. Lovely the house we have bought, but old skoolers that we are, the moving falls to us. I'll be back in the swing after several baths.

Glad you made yourself at home in my absence; nice to know you're house-sitting: I know the place was certainly in good hands.

Glad, too, that you liked the poem. I liked it enough to add a 7 after it and make it my email address.

Best to you and soon to you: paschal

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home